Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Log book

The last two years we've used a log book that we purchased from the Mystic Harbor gift shop. But in practice I crossed out many of the headings and put different information into the columns. So this summer I was motivated to create my own log book. Fay and I discussed what information we wanted to have and used the same general format as the Mystic Harbor book, but with columns for what we wanted to record. Then we added some additional pages for frequently requested general boat information, emergency communications, the location of through hulls, and our abandon ship procedure. We printed it on our little HP printer, had it bound at FedEx Office, and then Fay grafted it into the Mystic Harbor book so that it had a nice hard cover. If you'd like to make your own log book, you're welcome to start with ours which you'll find on the Downloads page. A year from now I won't be surprised if we revise it again.